Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little more about me...

Filippo Brunelleschi is my name. I was born to Brunellesco Di Lippo a man who worked as a lawyer and a notary and my mother Giulianna Spini. Of coarse by being the son of a well knowledge man I got to learn about the principals of letters and the abacus and writing. As a boy with a mind of my own which indeed focused on art, I went into the profession of goldsmithing and made a life out of doing art.

At the age of 24yrs old in 1401, I entered into a contest which unfortunently I did not win... for I was up against the great Lorenzo Ghiberti.

Well as for my architecture the best well known piece would be my biggest piece... for its the Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Quotes

This is one of my favorite quotes by Dante Algheiri.



"It were a shameful thing if one should rhyme under the semblance of metaphor or rhetorical simulitude, and afterwards, being questioned thereof, should be unable to rid his works of such semblance, unto their right understanding."





Another qoute that I believe best fits my work ethic is by me-:

"the right proportions."